Free ↠ The Crying Book By Heather Christle – Loanexpress.us

The Crying BookAward Winning Poet Heather Christle Has Just Lost A Dear Friend To Suicide And Must Reckon With Her Own Struggles With Depression And The Birth Of Her First Child How She Faces Her Joy, Grief, Anxiety, Impending Motherhood, And Conflicted Truce With The World Results In A Moving Meditation On The Nature, Rapture, And Perils Of Crying From The History Of Tear Catching Gadgets Including The Woman Who Designed A Gun That Shoots Tears To The Science Behind Animal Tears Including Moths Who Drink Them To The Fraught Role Of White Women S Tears In Racist ViolenceTold In Short, Poetic Snippets, The Crying Book Delights And Surprises, As Well As Rigorously Examines How Mental Illness Can Affect A Family Across Generations And How Crying Can Express Women S Agency Or Lack Of Agency In Everyday Life Christle S Gift Is The Freshness Of Her Voice And Honesty Of Her Approach, Both Of Which Create An Intimacy With Readers As She Explores A Human Behavior Broadly Experienced But Rarely Questioned A Beautiful Tribute To The Power Of Crying, And To Working Through Despair To Tears Of Joy

10 thoughts on “Free ↠ The Crying Book By Heather Christle – Loanexpress.us

Empathy can be a hole through which one falls into despair Tears make the ground slippery And then what Satisfaction for the depth of one s feelings If I am not myself in danger, then my imagining myself into the place of another s suffering unnecessarily incapacitates me, makes me unable to move some small part of my day in a direction that would make other lives possible And at this moment, my body still working to knit itself back together, the task is not to fall apart The task is to remain Heather Christle s The Crying Book is not only a moving manifesto on tears but also on the infinite ways in which they can draw us closer or further away from humanity But bleating beneath that teary eyed sentiment a friend s suicide, a surge of maternal grief, and the sharp calmness after such calamities is what kept me leafing well into the wee hours I thoroughly enjoyed Christle s inquest into the ways in which tears strip us naked of our defenses but also how they can be weaponized to spark acts of racist violence Such honesty is lacking these days, so to hear her acknowledge the scary phenomena was refreshing Another aspect of Christle s book I appreciated was her approach to unpacking the notion of tears as a response to grief and suffering from the Kent State massacre to the sailors who died in WWII to the fatal mourning experienced by elephants.As the book asks, one of my safest places to cry is in the car precisely while driving to music during a storm A few nights ago, after birthday festivities, I took the long way back home and Sufjan Stevens Visions of Gideon began to play That song, which I first heard in Call Me by Your Name, still reminds me of all the hurt I experienced this summer, but once I came to, the moment dissolved as suddenly as it started I decided to keep the record spinning the whole drive home Even when I made it home, I reclined my seat and held on to that feeling for as long as I could What Christle s book does is give us all the permission we need to root ourselves in that emotion be it in public or private spaces or in the safe embrace of the pouring rain In other words, if you ever needed a reason to cry often, reach for this beautiful book.Thanks again, Catapult friends, for sending me this lovely little read just in time before it releases If you liked my review, feel free to follow me parisperusing on Instagram.

Why do we cry How do we cry And what does it mean A scientific, cultural, artistic examination by a young poet on the cusp of motherhood.

I have many complicated feelings about this book so coming up with a rating took some deliberating The biggest hang up I have is definitely my expectations going in I love the idea of a book that explores crying Crying is such a common practice for me which, wow, doesn t make me sound very stable, but whatever I m a watery bitch that this book quickly became a highly anticipated release But here s the thing while in theory this is everything I wanted, the execution left me wanting This felt like an exercise, a warm up, a series of unfinished outlines I wanted full essays, historical and social discussion, some way to dissect this act You can tell Christle is a poet and her style is definitely a high point, but it doesn t change the fact that this is or less 160 pages of free association This is closer to lyric essays than analysis and for me, it suffered because of it More than anything else, this felt like a person constantly being interrupted leaving messages to theirself, trying to write their way through life and grief tw talks of depression, suicide, post partum depression, electroshock therapy

I was not sure what to expect when I got this book in the mail, but all I can say is wow I am someone who apologizes every single time I cry even when my dad passed away and this beautiful text validated all of the tears I cry, whether they re from grief, happiness some books are just too pure , frustration or anger Thank you, Heather You have written a winner I won this book through a goodreads giveaway Thank you to catapult Elizabeth Ireland and Heather Christle.

Fascinating and deeply moving This fragmentary examination of tears expertly mixes poetic thought, science, and the author s own relationship to sadness, joy, and crying Everyone who has ever cried should read this book.

The Crying Book is intensely meta and layered in every direction I love nothing than the melding of the scientific and the literary, and with this exploration of tears, Heather Christle creates just that In short bursts that are compulsively readable, she breaks down the endlessly frustrating and artificial wall between the academic and the feminine, encouraging a discomfort with her emotionality and then encouraging a critique of that discomfort A new go to recommendation for anyone questioning their own or another s relationship to sadness.

I say book I mean poem I mean the way the landscape suddenly reveals itself in layers, a vertical light shining its connective beam from one moment to the next An entry into an awareness of a dimension always present Not always seen I think if I can keep myself alive to it, it will keep me from going under Nothing less than a book which recreates the terms by which one might, somehow, live.

The book is a lachrymatory for the author s tears It s written in short bursts containing poignant memories, details and facts Honestly, I loved this book so much I m not sure what to say about it.

All my reviews live at big thanks to the folks over at Catapult for sending me a finished copy of The Crying Book Accurately described as a dazzling meditation on tears and a symphonic work of nonfiction, it is a masterpiece When I am not in despair I can barely even describe it It is a trap door in my life A bridge to nowhere It is only a metaphor, a line But one I send my love across Have you ever wondered what it s like to see the world through a poet s eyes Heather Christle who has published four poetry collections gives us a glimpse The Crying Book is part memoir, part physical exploration, part societal observation, and 100% emotion.The book began, she says, as the idea to list all the places she had cried Then she started researching tears , and she lost a friend to suicide, and her daughter was born, and then years passed and the result is this genius book It s written in short snippets of prose, all of them stitched together with care The feelings and ideas and themes move forward and backward, circle around on themselves, come back to punch you in the gut when you re least expecting them It s the kind of book where you just can t help but pick up a pencil and start circling passages I can already tell that I m going to shove it into the hands of many friends and family members Friends keep sending me links to Rose Lynn Fisher s photography project The Topography of Tears It s a series of photographs of dried tears taken through a microscope, the salt crystals forming little emotional terrains The tears of grief blaze stark and mostly perpendicular, breaking here and there into clusters of curves Onion tears are a dense and fernlike wallpaper You could imagine it hanging in the house of a depthless decorator This book reaches into your gut and names the parts of yourself that you have been searching for Doesn t that sound like the best way to spend 171 pages

When, where, why do we cry How is it that some are predisposed to cry little and others to weep endlessly Why does it so often feel shameful When does it relieve us, does it trap us in depression Peaceful and powerful, The Crying Book is a poetic examination of the art of weeping Poet Heather Christle meditates on tears, grief, in a graceful mourning song held together by personal experiences, scientific insight, and her most beloved poetry In the face of great loss, Christle s account is crystalline and mystical, a necessary embrace for the bereaved, and validating manifesto to the tearful.